Friday, January 13, 2012

Rhetorical Analysis on an Informational Report

January 17, 2012

ENG 102-42: Intermed College Writing

Rhetorical Analysis on an Informational Report


A Rhetorical Analysis on an Informational Report

For my most recent assignment from my ENG 102-42 class, I have been asked to write in the genre of an informational report. An informational report is meant to include both the broad picture and some smaller details of the issue the writer is addressing, so I will attempt to include each of these aspects when writing my paper. Since the purpose of this report is to share the different aspects of the profession I am currently pursuing---for me, this would be elementary education---I will begin with a general overview of teaching and then break into smaller details regarding how much writing the profession requires. My audience is a group of college students considering this profession for their own future careers, with an emphasis on needing to know how much writing the profession includes. My stance will be formal and deal with outside sources (such as an interview with a teacher and scholarly articles in the educational department) to present the information with as little personal bias or opinion as possible. My media will be a typed copy for the professor as well as sharing my report on a blog for students in my English class to read. This report will overview both the teaching profession as a whole and the usage of writing in the profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment